Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Before & After: Beachy Cupboard

 
Sometimes I have things that just don't seem to find a home, even though I think the piece would be perfect for someone!  This cupboard was one of those pieces!


Now, I thought it was great in my space when I did a Halloween display - the cupboard held all sorts of little pumpkins, scarecrows, owls, etc.  with the red interior I thought it would work in a country home or boys room - but maybe it was just too 'sorcerer'! 
With the Twilight movies so popular you would have thought this would be a hot item! 
But noooo!  I had this item for too long so it was time to do a makeover!

Maybe it was the star - so i decided to take the star off to make the design more neutral. But the cupboard looked really plain so I went in search of something and found a seashell embellishment and decided to transform the cupboard into 'Beachy'

I painted the inside an aqua color that is so popular right now and painted the outside in Annie Sloan's Old White chalk paint.

I added the seashell to the outside -Voila!   I'll be bringing this beachy cupboard to my booth at our Annual Nicolaus Labor Day Parade!


It can hang on a wall or sit atop a table and It has so much to offer in terms of display space - perfect in a bathroom to hold little perfume jars or lotions - 
Or maybe in a bedroom to display a cherished collection!
I hope it finds a loving home!

I've linked up to http://snapcreativity.com/show-and-tell-linky-092612/

2 comments:

  1. I love the transformation of the piece. I have had my share of misfits in the past sometimes I end up taking them appart and re purposing them into other things. Once I found these ornate speakers stands made of carved wood. I pulled out the hardware and speakers and tried to sell them but didn't price them no one ever asked about it. I ended up painting them and then attached some chicken wire where the speakers used to be. I took them to a consignment shop I sell out of and they sold on the first day. It's what we do, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty cabinet makeover, Susan! Thank you so much for sharing it. I really like the new colors!

    Have a good day, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for posting a comment! I love hearing from my readers! Feel free to add ideas or make a special request and remember to Cherish Everyday!